Building a line following robot for a school project or competition? Or building an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) for industrial use? Maker Line is the right sensor for you. With 5 x IR sensors array, it is able to track line from 13mm to 30mm width. Line color is selectable as light (White) or dark (Black) line.
The sensor calibration is also simplified. Adjusting the potentiometer for each IR sensor is not needed anymore. Instead, press the calibrate button for 2 seconds to enter calibration mode, sweep the sensors array across the line, press the button again and you are done. The calibration data is saved in EEPROM and it will still intact even the sensor has been powered off. Thus, Calibration only needs to be carried out once unless the sensor height, line color or background color has changed.
Maker Line also supports dual outputs: 5 x digital outputs for the state of each sensor independently which is similar to conventional IR sensor, but you get the benefit of easy calibration; One analog output where its voltage represents the line position. Analog output also offers higher resolution compared to individual digital outputs. This is especially useful when high accuracy is required such as building a line following robot with PID control.
- Operating Voltage: DC 3.3V and 5V compatible (With reverse polarity protection).
- Recommended Line Width: 13mm to 30mm.
- Selectable line color (light or dark).
- Sensing Distance (Height): 4mm to 40mm (Vcc = 5V, Black line on a white surface).
- Sensor Refresh Rate: 200Hz
- Easy calibration process.
- Dual Output Types: 5 x digital outputs represent each IR sensor state, 1 x analog output represents line position.
- Support wide range of controllers such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.